A recipe that is as quick and eay to make as it is warm and satisfying to eat.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ThickenThin not/Starch thickener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
1. Cook the cauliflower in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Over medium heat pour the cream into a 2-quart saucepan. Add the butter and whisk in the ThickenThin not/Starch thickener.
3. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Stir in cheese and cook until melted.
5. Arrange the cauliflower in the prepared pie pan. Pour sauce over and bake until starting to brown on top – about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving as calculated by Mastercook): 350 calories, 35g fat, 4g carbs (of which 1.5g dietary fiber) 9g protein.