Make this dish that’s just like mashed potatoes. ThickenThin not/Cereal thickener gives cauliflower the starchy texture of mashed potatoes. So good, you’ll never know the difference.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 teaspoons butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons ThickenThin not/Cereal thickener
1. Steam the cauliflower in the chicken stock or water until very soft.
2. Puree the cauliflower either in a blender or with a whisk.
3. Season to taste.
4. Add cream and ThickenThin not/Cereal thickener and whisk together.
5. Taste again, and adjust seasoning if required.
Nutrition: (without optional butter, per Mastercook), each serving has 105 calories; 8g fat; 4g carb (of which 2g dietary fiber); 5g protein.