This may take a little time in preparing, but once made, both the cheesecake and the sauce will keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 package Wise Choice Easy Cheesecake Mix
- 1 pound unsweetened fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ThickenThin not/Sugar thickener
- 1/2 cup water
- Sweetener equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat an 8-inch cake or springform pan with non -stick spray.
1. Mix room temperature cream cheese with water until smooth. Mix in sweetener, egg, and vanilla.
2. Stir in contents of pouch until dissolved.
3. Immediately pour into baking pan and place in oven. Reduce heat to 250°F. Bake 30-40 minutes until set.
4. Cool 30 minutes in oven with door open. Then cool another 30 minutes on counter before refrigerating.
5. Store in refrigerator, covered.
Makes 8 servings.
1. Pour strawberries into a 3-quart saucepan.
2. Whisk ThickenThin not/Sugar thickener into water and add to berries. Add sweetener and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring gently.
3. Lower heat, and continue to cook for about 30 seconds or until sauce thickens slightly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Cool.
Drizzle sauce over slice of cheesecake to serve.
Nutrition* Cheesecake (per serving based on 8 servings, as calculated by Mastercook): 230 calories; 20g fat; 6g carbs (of which 4g dietary fiber); 7g protein.
Strawberry sauce (per serving, as calculated by Mastercook): 20 calories; 0g fat; 4g carbs (of which 1.5g dietary fiber); 0g protein.
*based on no-calorie sweetener